Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fun Christmas Lunch Craft

After our trip to Trader Joe's this morning, I decided to have Layla help me make lunch.  The past few weeks she has been picky about what she eats, which is a total reversal of what I'm used to - this kid would eat anything! I've been having an especially hard time getting her to eat any vegetables.  Up until recently, she has only had jelly on bread, but I found a dairy-free cream cheese today, along with a yummy looking guacamole and hummus spread.  We broke out the Christmas cookie cutters and made two fun sandwiches.


We made a snowman with Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese, raisins and diced carrots.  Then we made a Christmas tree with the guacamole hummus spread, peas and corn.  Layla had fun spreading it on with a spoon and then "decorating" the snowman and Christmas tree (I did the face).  She still refused to eat the vegetables, but she loved the cream cheese and raisins.  Her favorite part, though, was when I pretended to eat the snowman's head!




No comments:

Post a Comment