Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I.C.O.E. bracelets

I was very happy to find out that there are bracelets for people with food allergies. I immediately ordered one for Layla from the website In Case of Emergency Bracelets (icoebracelets.com). There were several sites that sold similar products, but I chose this one because it had bracelets small enough for her wrist. When she is older, I will probably buy her one that looks more "kid-friendly", but this one serves its purpose.
Her tiny bracelet lists her most serious food allergies (peanut, milk, egg and fish), both in symbols and words, and two emergency contact numbers.

Layla luckily is never left in the care of people who aren't aware of her allergies, but I am glad to keep this in her diaper bag in case there is a situation where she is alone with someone who might not know what she can and cannot eat. It's always better to be safe than sorry!

Anyway, thought I'd share this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment