Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday's Frugal Finds

Here's my confession: I LOVE bargain shopping.  To me, there is honestly nothing better than finding a great deal.  I have made a hobby (read: obsession) with browsing the racks of local consignment and thrift stores, spending my Saturday mornings going to garage sales, and, if I'm really lucky, hitting up a rummage sale! I have found that people either really love or really hate shopping this way.  Here are some of the reasons why I love being a bargain-hunter:

1. SAVING MONEY - Bargain-hunting allows me to support my shopping habit without breaking the bank.  Retail therapy is the ultimate form of therapy in my opinion, and doing it on the cheap allows me to do it frequently. 

2. BEING GREEN - Bargain-hunting is an easy way to save the planet.  By shopping locally for products that have been previously owned, I am doing my small part in helping the environment.

3.  SHOPPING SMART - Let's be honest.  Parents know how quickly kids outgrow their clothes, shoes and even toys.  Bargain shopping is a great way to get something I need short-term (such as size 4 snow boots) without spending a fortune. 

4. FINDING TREASURES - It is amazing what people get rid of.  Just yesterday, I found a $400 French Connection Grecian gown with the tags still on for $40!  I have purchased antique picture frames, furniture, and jewelry, to name just a few, that I'd never find anywhere in the stores. 

To further prove my point, here are some of the amazing things that I've found this month.


A shopping bag-full of summer clothes for Layla for next year - $5



Bongo canvas bag (NEW, with tags), which I'm now using as a diaper bag -  $3
Teapot and mug (been looking for a similar one for AGES) - $2
"Family" picture frame (NEW, in original packaging) - $2



Wooden bead toy - $ 5
Fisher Price Doll House with Sounds - $ 5
Bag full of assorted Fisher Price people - $1.90



baby GAP fleece - $1
Osh Kosh rain jacket with hood - $3
aqua L.L. Bean fleece - $1
purple Osh Kosh snow pants with bib - $5
Nick Jr. snow pants - $2
baby GAP corduroy pants (NEW) - $1
Waterproof snow boots - $4

Such amazing deals! Happy bargain shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment