Sunday, May 22, 2011

May Celebrations

May has always been a very busy month for me.  My sister and my mom  have back-to-back birthdays that fall around (or on) Mother's Day.  This year, my sister's birthday fell on Mother's Day and my mom wasn't feeling well, so I celebrated my second Mother's Day as a mom with just Monte and Layla.

We had a wonderful day in New York City.  In the morning, we walked around Greenwich Village and window shopped.  It was warm and breezy, and Layla loved being able to break out of the confines of her stroller and walk on her own. 



We stopped a restaurant called Silver Spurs for brunch.  Monte had a delicious burger and Layla and I shared a Belgian waffle with fresh strawberries, blueberries and bananas. Yum!
 

After we ate, we hopped back in the car and drove up to Central Park.  We decided to take Layla to the Central Park Zoo.  I had never been before, and we all had a great time!  Layla especially loved the monkeys and the polar bear.







After New York, we stopped to see Layla's other grandmother.  By the time we got home, we were all exhausted! It was a wonderful Mother's Day.  I am blessed with a beautiful family.

*******************************

The next day, which was my mom's actual birthday, we celebrated at the Rainforest Cafe for lunch.  It was more of a party for Layla! She loves going to the Rainforest Cafe, eating french fries and seeing the animals. 



After lunch we spent the afternoon shopping.  MaryGrace had a lot of gift cards from friends and family.  In the evening, I made dinner (spaghetti and meatballs, salad, rolls).  As you can see, Layla was a big fan of the "meatmalls".


 Then it was time for cake! Unfortunately, my dad was sick and couldn't celebrate with us, and Monte was working all evening, but all in all, it was a fun girl's day!




Happy Birthday, Mom and Mimi!

No comments:

Post a Comment