Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back from Spring "Break"


So apparently, blogging is a bit like exercise.   When you haven't done it for a while, it's reeaally hard to get back into the habit.  I cannot believe that it's been almost three months since I have posted anything, although I do believe I have a good excuse.  Monte and I are expecting another baby (hooray!)  We are very excited.  Unfortunately, morning sickness has kicked my butt once again and I am just beginning to feel human again.

Spring in New Jersey this year has been a wash, quite literally, and we are struggling to get the house and yard ready for the summer season.  Unfortunately, the weather has not been cooperating with us.  It seems that every time the sun finally makes an appearance, we are running around like madmen before the rain begins again.  In addition to the mundane tasks of dragging out patio furniture, getting the garden beds raked and ready for planting and general spring cleaning, Monte and I have taken on several larger projects (raised vegetable beds, a garden surrounded by a stone wall, landscaping a large portion of the side of our house) that are still works in progress.  I hope to have before and after photos up by Memorial Day weekend, the unofficial start of summer!

Until then, here are some random pictures from this spring.

Saint Patrick's Day lunch at Kilkenny House





Irish girls




Enjoying an ice pop at Tony's Pizzeria




Easter Morning




Easter Brunch at Ami and Poppy's house




Easter dinner at Grandma's House




Layla riding her new bike




Bryce and Layla at Rutgers Day




Layla and some stinky pigs




A day at Jenkinson's Aquarium




Eating breakfast in style




Layla's first train ride (Cranford to Westfield)

No comments:

Post a Comment