Friday, September 14, 2012

Layla's Backyard Pirate Party

I wanted to post some pictures of the decorations and activities from Layla's 3rd birthday.  A pirate theme was lots of fun to plan, and from what the kids have told me, they had fun participating!  This was my first party that I planned witht he help of Pinterest, which of course made things much easier (and also made me more ambitious!) Feel free to duplicate my treasure hunt, but please "pin" my blog!


Layla's double chocolate brownie cake - adapted from Parents.com
Digging for treasure
Surrender the Booty - BEFORE
AFTER

 
Table Decorations
 

Entrance to backyard

One scary pirate birthday girl!

Pirate graveyard




Davy Jones' Locker - baby pool filled with water "cannons"

Scallywags

 
Pirate name tags and 1st treasure hunt clue!
 
 
 



 

 
Iced tea "grog"
 




We somehow didn't get a picture of the kids digging up the treasure, which was a Pirate Pinata!  They had a blast taking turns trying to break the pinata and filling their goody bags with lollipops, tootsie rolls and stickers!



 
Time for dessert and cake!


 
Happy Birthday to my favorite little pirate girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment