Monday, June 27, 2011

June Updates

Two weeks ago, Layla had her last Little Gym class of the semester.  We have been taking classes at the gym since Layla was only five months old and I have to say, she looks forward to going and seeing her friends every week.  She started off as a Bug and has "graduated" twice - first to a Bird and then to a Beast. 

It was also the last day for her teacher, Ms. Gretchen, at the Cranford gym.  Layla is going to miss her very much in the fall! She loves Ms. Gretchen!




We decided to take the summer off from classes in order to take swim lessons at the Woodbridge Club.  Although Layla enjoyed her first lesson, she came down with a nasty cold, which turned into an ear infection.  It was bad enough that she was sick, but then I had double pink eye, and we continued passing it on to my sister, my mom, and then finally Monte! My dad was the person who spent time with Layla and didn't get sick.  And let me tell you, it was one of the most miserable illnesses I have ever had.  We were basically quarantined for a week and a half and had to cancel all sorts of fun plans.  We are going to try to get a refund for the remainder of her classes, because I definitely do not feel comfortable going back to that facility!

Anyway, although we stayed close to home, we made the most of this past weekend.  We caught the last night of the carnival at Saint John Vianney church.  Layla was super psyched to have somewhere to go in the evening when she normally would have been getting ready for bed.  She rode on the train, the merry-go-round and an elephant ride.  Because she is such a shorty, she had a hard time meeting the height requirement for some rides, but we met a nice woman who volunteered her daughter to be Layla's "buddy". 






Sunday was my dad's birthday, so we celebrated both of our birthdays at the Shannon Rose in Woodbridge.  We had a nice lunch together.  It was a fun afternoon.



Family (minus Monte, who was taking the picture)

After lunch, we went to Pier 1 Imports, which is one of my favorite home stores.  Monte found this amazing hanging lantern for such a steal! He filled it with a string of lights and it looks great in our gazebo.


Finally, last night I was bored, so I cleaned out my jewelry drawer.  Not only did I get a pretty big bag of stuff to give away, I made a really cute earring holder! I filled a clear vase with blue stones that I had hiding in a drawer and then stuck in a wire "tree" that was from Easter.  Voila! Isn't it cute?


That's it for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment